This webinar is organised by SAPEA, FEAM and the Royal Irish Academy. It will consider the policy implications of the report and possible next steps.
- 12:00 Dr Mary Canning, president of the Royal Irish Academy: Welcome
- 12:02 Professor George Griffin, president of FEAM: Introduction to SAPEA and FEAM
- 12:07 Professor Rose Anne Kenny and Professor Richard Reilly, SAPEA working group members: How Ireland and Europe can transform the future of ageing to ensure a better society for all
- 12:40 Professor Pearl Dykstra, deputy chair of the European Commission's Group of Chief Scientific Advisors: Key points from the SAPEA report advocated to the European Commission
- 12:55 Mairead McGuinness MEP, first vice-president of the European Parliament: The European Parliament’s perspective on ageing and the SAPEA report
- 13:00 Panel discussion: Ireland’s response
- 13:20 Professor George Griffin, President of FEAM: Conclusions and Next steps